Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Last Child in the Woods


"Last Child in the Woods" was a very interesting book that discussed the possibility of generations diagnosed with nature deficit disorder. It made me really think about life and what I do personally to stay active and stay in touch with nature. It also helped me reflect on things in the past and as a child that I did to keep in touch with nature. I think that this book has a really good message. Our ed physch group used this book to make an imovie presentation book report. Below you are able to watch this report.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ovJCZr-cgg


Our group did really well together bouncing ideas off one another and trying to produce a quality imovie. We really wanted the viewer to be able to visualize and have their own creative thoughts when they were watching the video. We made it so there was enough video and pictures playing with the music for one to be very creative. We also were able to shoot the video in places in Decorah so that people in the class could really relate to the images being shown. Also, we liked to be ourselves in the video and tape one another hiking, and exploring so that we could show everyone they could be the ones to do the same things that we were doing.

I really enjoyed this project, because it was nice to be able to be creative and do what we wanted to do for a project. It allowed our group to think of our own ideas and learn a lot about trail and error with a new computer program.

After playing our video in class, I think we had a good vibe, and the class enjoyed watching our video. The class gave us lots of compliments which made the movie and all the time we put in worth while. It was fun to see the end result! Overall, I really enjoyed the book as well. I liked thinking about my past and what I have done personally to 'overcome' nature deficit disorder. I think that a lot of people are faced with the potential to have this disorder, especially people that live in the inner-city and people that are not around nature and don't have that exposure. I think that even being active daily will help with this disorder and help prevent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment